Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE
- The goods will be paid for in full before delivery. Payment will be cash, credit cards or bank guaranteed cheques only.
- Ownership of delivered goods will only transfer to the purchaser after the purchase sum has been paid in full and reflects in Galaxy Furniture Co. bank account.
- Prices are subject to revision should there be any legitimate error on behalf of the salesman.
- Goods may not be returned or exchanged if specially ordered or bought on sale.
- The seller reserves the right to repossess the goods at any time, should the full purchase price not be paid after delivery. The repossession of goods does not relieve the purchaser of his obligation under this agreement. The seller may at any time after delivery exercise the right explained in this paragraph. No arrangement which may lead to the extension of payment of the purchase sum shall distract from any right under this agreement. Should goods on this agreement be delivered at different time, then the purchase price of each article will become payable on delivery.
- The driver who makes the delivery is instructed not to deliver unless payment is made before delivery.
- The purchaser will be charged again for delivery in the event of re-delivery due to non-payment of the initial delivery.
- The seller undertakes to execute all deliveries as soon as possible and according to the expected date of delivery as specified on this agreement, but do not accept any liability for damages which may be suffered as a result of a delay with such delivery.
- The purchaser shall not be entitled to cancel the contract simply because the estimated date of delivery had not been met, without a written demand to the seller to affect delivery. The above-mentioned demand must give the seller 14 (fourteen) days from the date of receipt of letter by him to make such delivery.
- The purchaser undertakes to accept delivery of goods within five days from date of receipt of ordered goods from the factory by the seller. The seller will be entitled to charge storage at a rate of 4% of the selling price per month if the purchaser does not comply to the delivery period mentioned above.
- Factory guarantees and warranties will be handled as follows:
- The seller undertakes to assist the purchaser in the event of guaranteed claims.
- The purchaser will, however, be responsible to deliver the damaged articles to the seller’s premises and to collect the articles again after they have been repaired.
- The purchaser will, not on request, do the collection and re-delivery of repaired articles, but the normal delivery fees will be paid by the purchaser.
- EFT (Goods only released once payments confirmed)
All our Deliveries are Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Polokwane, North west and Free State based only. We do not specify times for deliveries, only allocate days (as per Management).
Customer Special Orders
- Multiple Colours, Handles, Fabrics & Designs Are Available For Your Choice.
- 5-6 Weeks Lead Time
- 50% Deposit
- Mon-Fri: 9h00 to 17h00
- Sat: 9h00 to 15h00
- Sun: Closed
- Public Holidays: Closed
Delivery Dates? Delay
We will contact you once your order and delivery address is received. We will confirm availability and delivery cost. We will endeavour to deliver goods within the advised time periods, but goods are subject to availability and delay in the delivery of goods is frequently in the hands of a third party and sometimes outside our control.
Carriers cannot specify an exact hour of delivery. Any dates we specify for the delivery of goods are approximations only and we shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges, or expenses caused by any delay in the delivery of the goods.
Our failure to meet approximate delivery dates will not be grounds for you to cancel the sale. Some orders may be delivered in more than one drop. We will only deliver goods to the address on the order and goods will not be left without a signature.
You are required to make all the necessary arrangements to take delivery of the goods whenever they are tendered for delivery. If you are not at home on the date that has been agreed and the delivery agent cannot contact you, we reserve the right to charge you for the re-delivery.
Inspection of goods
It is your responsibility to ensure that there is a responsible person at the delivery address to inspect and to sign for the goods. We cannot accept liability for damages or errors if goods have been fitted or if you have had the goods in your possession for more than 48 hours.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU KEEP THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING IN CASE YOU HAVE ANY REASON TO RETURN YOUR PURCHASE (subject to our returns policy set out below).
You must notify us in writing if a product has been delivered incomplete within 48 hours of your receipt thereof.
The risk in the goods shall pass to you, the customer, on arrival at the delivery address, as advised by you
None of our prices include installation.
Faulty goods must be returned to us at the clients own cost for inspection and testing. Faulty goods will be swapped out if returned within 7 days from purchase, if the purchase exceeds 7 days the item will be sent to the manufacturer for repairs or replacement.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING WHICH IS SET OUT ABOVE, IN ORDER TO SUCCESSFULLY OBTAIN AN EXCHANGE OR REFUND FOR FAULTY GOODS THE GOODS MUST BE RETURNED COMPLETE WITH ALL ACCESSORIES IN THEIR ORIGINAL BOX AND PACKAGING.
All goods carry an implied warranty as stipulated in the CPA giving you the right to return unsafe and defective goods.
Our goods carry a 12 month factory warranty for faulty workmanship and defective materials but subject to due care and maintenance, misuse, damaged by accident or negligence.
All products supplied are covered by the terms and conditions of the manufacturer’s guarantee. No further or additional warranties or undertakings will be given by us in regard to the goods unless otherwise specified during the sale of items and agreed thereto.
We will not accept liability for goods lost in transit unless we are notified within 7(seven) days from the expected delivery date.
You may in certain instances cancel your order. You can cancel your order before it is dispatched for delivery call us or email us to do so. If you cancel an order and the goods have already left Galaxy Furniture Co. warehouse, you will be liable for the delivery fee and a cancellation fee of 10% of the price of the goods. We can only process refunds once we have confirmed that the goods have been returned to our warehouse. If cancellation of an order is initiated by us, no cancellation fees will be payable. Please contact our customer services at 082 467 8658 if you have any queries regarding cancellation.
Refunds will be at our discretion and no refunds will be considered after 7 days from purchase. Be advised that we don’t give refunds on customized products. Amounts to be refunded will take place between 7 and 14 days after the furniture has been returned
Returns to us will be at your expense. If we, for some reason pay the costs relating to any return by you, we shall be entitled to claim a refund of any such payment from you and you shall refund any and all amounts to us on demand. We do not accept returns unless the goods supplied by us are in their original packaging and have not been opened by you.
Notwithstanding what is set out above, we advise that all returns will be at our discretion and you will not be entitled in any way to dispute or query our discretion, once exercised by us.
Subject to what is recorded under this returns policy clause, if returns are received by us after 7 (seven) days from the date of delivery, we will not be obliged to accept the returned goods for the purpose at all.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that you provide, for lawful purposes. We obtain information about you only to process your order and provide you with the best possible service. We will endeavour to ensure that the information we hold will be accurate and up to date and we agree keep such information secure.
Restrictions on use of material
Material on the Galaxy Furniture Co. website may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without the prior written consent from Galaxy Furniture Co.
All company names, logos, trademarks, product names, images or photographs displayed in this website are the property of their respective owners.
Amendment to Term
Galaxy Furniture Co. reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice.
It is our intention that all information on this website is as accurate and up to date as possible. However, we cannot guarantee this. We shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders to take account of any increase in our suppliers’ prices, or the imposition of any taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong whether or not the order has been confirmed. Errors on our website are rare, but mistakes can happen. In the unlikely event of an error in price being made on our website, we will contact you and give you the opportunity to amend or cancel your order. If your credit card has already been charged and we subsequently cancel your order, we will immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the value of the incorrect price (including delivery charges). We will not be liable for any injuries or financial loss from accidents related to the order or loss of time and monies resulting from delays, non-deliveries and wrong delivery. Price and availability information are subject to change without notice.
Galaxy Furniture Co. and its employees and agents accept no responsibility whatsoever for any damages caused by any means howsoever to any person or property upon the delivery, removal, return, installation of goods or for any other reason whatsoever. We do not accept responsibility for time or earnings lost or for any other consequential.
Card acquiring and security
- Card transactions will be acquired for Galaxy Furniture Co. via PayFast (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks.
- PayFast uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.payfast.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details separate from card details
- Customer details will be stored by Galaxy Furniture Co. separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayFast’s secure site. For more detail on PayFast refer to www.payfast.co.za.